What does this privacy statement cover?
WEC Group recognises the importance of correct and lawful processing of personal data and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What type of information is collected from you?Personal data collected via websites
As a visitor, you do not have to submit any personal information in order to use the Website. This Website and our Subsidiary Websites only collect personal information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors.
The personal data we collect through our websites may include:
- Your name
- Job title
- Company name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Postal address or location
- IP addresses
In some cases we may also collect information about your visit to the Website or Subsidiary Websites which is not personally identifiable. This may include:
- Device (mobile, desktop, tablet) and browser used
- Your route to the Website or Websites
- Your demographic profile
- Behavioural indicators such as pages visited, time spent on the Website or Subsidiary Websites and links clicked.
Sensitive information includes data relating to:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Religious beliefs
- Criminal record
- Physical or mental health
- Sexual orientation
WEC Group also processes personal data not collected via websites for the purposes of business execution and in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, in relation to employees, shareholders, customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders. Information we may collect offline includes:
- Private contact information if necessary or voluntarily provided (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
- Business contact and other information (such as job title, department, name of organisation and any dealings with the Group)
How do we collect information from you?Information you may supply us online:
WEC Group obtains information about you when you voluntarily submit personal data through the Website or Subsidiary Websites by completing forms to request information from us (enquiring about products and services for example), to submit a rating or review, participating in surveys, registering or applying for job vacancies or career opportunities, or signing up for communications such as company newsletters and literature.
Information collected by cookies:
Other information you may supply us:
WEC Group also processes, and may record, personal data collected if you contact us in writing, by email, telephone or other electronic means.
How is your information used?When you submit personal data through the Website or Subsidiary Websites the information you provide will be used to manage your request and to improve the Website or Subsidiary Websites.
We may also use your personal information for marketing purposes, to send you promotional materials or communications regarding services provided by the Group that we feel is relevant and may be of interest to you.
The Group may use your information to:
- Respond to an enquiry you have submitted
- Process an order you have submitted
- Carry out our contractual obligations
- Inform you of other products or services offered by the Group
- Notify you of Group news
- Seek your feedback on the services we provide
- Notify you of vacancies / placement opportunities
- Improve your website experience
Lawful basis for processing your data:WEC Group will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- WEC Group would like to keep in touch with you to let you know about the latest news from around the Group and provide you with updates on relevant products and services for marketing purposes; to communicate with stakeholders, potential and existing customers and others who expressly choose to submit their personal data through our Website or Subsidiary Websites. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Where it is necessary for the purposes of performing an existing contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. This may include activity for legitimate business purposes and for developing customer relationships, such as:
- Contacting you as a potential or existing customer for the purposes of selling goods or services
- To provide useful, informative and relevant information to you about our services and to grow our business
- To enable us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our communications for the benefit of our customers and stakeholders
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to
- Proof of your identity – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- Proof of your qualifications – you will be asked to attend our office with original documents, we will take copies.
- You will be asked to complete a criminal records declaration to declare any unspent convictions.
- We will contact your referees, using the details you provide in your application, directly to obtain references
- We will also ask you to complete a questionnaire about your health. This is to establish your fitness to work. If we make a final offer, we will also ask you for the following:
- Bank details – to process salary payments
- Emergency contact details – so we know who to contact in case you have an emergency at work
- Confirmation that WEC Group are processing your personal data;
- A copy of your personal data; and Other supplementary information
- Right of access, correction, erasure and restriction
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you
- Request erasure of your personal information
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Company in writing to our Head Office: WEC Group, Junction Street, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 2RB or email email@example.com
Job applicants, current and former WEC Group employeesThe WEC Group is the data controller for the information you provide during the recruitment process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What will we do with the information you provide to us?All of the information you provide during the recruitment process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes or store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors whether the information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
What information do we ask for, and why?We do not collect more information than we need to fulfil our stated purposes and will not retain it for longer than is necessary.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
Application stageIf you use our online application system, this will be collected by a data processor on our behalf.
We ask you for your personal details including name and contact details. We will also ask you about your previous experience, education, referees and for answers to questions relevant to the role you have applied for. Our recruitment team will have access to all of this information.
You will also be asked to provide equal opportunities information. This is not mandatory information – if you don’t provide it, it will not affect your application. This information will not be made available to any staff outside of our recruitment team, including hiring managers, in a way which can identify you. Any information you do provide, will be used only to produce and monitor equal opportunities statistics.
ShortlistingOur hiring manager’s shortlist applications for interview. They may be provided with your contact details which you have provided throughout the application stage.
Assessments/ InterviewWe might ask you to participate in assessment days; complete tests or occupational personality profile questionnaires; and/or to attend an interview – or a combination of these. Information will be generated by you and by us. For example, you might complete a written test or we might take interview notes. This information is held by the WEC Group recruitment team.
Conditional offerIf we make a conditional offer of employment we will ask you for information so that we can carry out pre-employment checks. You must successfully complete pre-employment checks to progress to a final offer. We are required to confirm the identity of our staff, their right to work in the United Kingdom and seek assurance as to their trustworthiness, integrity and reliability.
You will therefore be required to provide:
Post start dateOur Code of Conduct requires all staff to declare if they have any potential conflicts of interest, if they are active within a political party or the TA. If you complete a declaration, the information will be held on your personnel file.
Any work related photos taken throughout your employment will be used for legitimate business reasons and will become WEC Group’s intellectual property.
Applying via a job boardIf you apply for a WEC Group job via an online job board you will be taken to our resourcing partner’s website. They will hold the information you submit but the WEC Group will have access to it.
TMS, SAGE, HR databaseIf you accept a final offer from us, some of your personnel records will be held on TMS, sage and the HR Database which are internally used HR and payroll record systems.
Recruitment AgenciesFor some vacancies, we sometimes advertise through Recruitment agencies. These agencies will collect the application information and might ask you to complete a work preference questionnaire which is used to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for, the results of which are assessed by recruiters. Information collected by the Recruitment Agencies will be retained by them.
How long is the information retained for?If you are successful, the information you provide during the application process will be retained by us as part of your employee file. This includes your criminal records declaration, fitness to work, records of any security checks and references.
If you are unsuccessful at any stage of the process, the information you have provided until that point will be retained for 12 months from the closure of the campaign. Information generated throughout the assessment process, for example interview notes, is retained by us for 12 months following the closure of the campaign.
Equal opportunities information is retained for 12 months following the closure of the campaign whether you are successful or not.
How we make decisions about recruitment?Final recruitment decisions are made by hiring managers and members of our recruitment team. All of the information gathered during the application process is taken into account.
You are able to ask about decisions made about your application by speaking to your contact within our recruitment team or by emailing email@example.com
Subject Access RequestThe right of access, commonly referred to as subject access, gives you the right to obtain a copy of your personal data as well as other supplementary information.
You have the right to obtain the following: